DEGC is managing major economic development projects on behalf of
the City of Detroit and its economic development authorities. These
projects offer tremendous potential for industrial, commercial, retail
and residential development and are enhancing the overall quality of
life for Detroit and its visitors. For information about these
Development Districts follow the links below.
- Capitol Park District - The DDA is working to transform the district into a fully-utilized mixed-use district.
- Catalyst Development District - The DDA is working to create a new sports and entertainment district Downtown. The new district will include a $450 million sports and entertainment arena funded by a combination of public and private sources.
- East Riverfront District - The EDC is transforming the Detroit East Riverfront from an industrial to a residential/mixed use district.
- I-94 Industrial Park - The EDC is developing a 186 acre industrial park near the junction of I-75 and I094 on Detroit's near east side
- Jefferson Village - The NDC of the EDC is
working in collaboration with the City of Detroit to complete a single-family,
market-rate housing sub-division located in the southeastern portion of the
- Lower Woodward Improvement Program -
The DDA is improving roadways, lighting and streetscapes in the Lower
Woodward Corridor (Jefferson to Grand Circus Park) and on the cross
streets connecting these downtown thoroughfares.